Saturday 8 December 2012

Lash Stash

December 8th - Lash Stash

It's no secret, I have really thin, sparse and light coloured lashes, another complaint about being a ginger. Because of this I rely on a few tricks, good mascara, and fake lashes when I want to amp it up a bit.

For Mascara, I have two go to options.


Doll Eye Mascara by NYX in Volume

There aren't words for how in love I am with this Mascara. I use it almost all the time as it gives me the appearance of longer, fuller lashes instantly. The only time I don't use this is when I need something lighter for reasons including only wearing mascara. That's when I use my next go to Mascara.

Lash Blast Mascara by Covergirl in Black


There isn't much to really say. It is exactly what you want in a mascara, no more no less, and it's easy to find at any store.



Mascara is usually not enough to make my lashes look full, as the water line shows the roots of my lashes still, so I always make sure to colour in my top water line and lash line with black eyeshadow and my trusty angle brush. It's well worth the extra work.


And as mentioned, when I need to amp up my lashes, I use fake eyelashes.


This is the set I like prefer the most. It gives a very natural look. You can really go with any brand, you just need shop around for a price and look you like. I don't use eyelash glue, however, as I find my sensitive skin doesn't really react well to it, and it never stays on. Believe it or not, I actually use Spirit Gum.

Again, brand doesn't matter. I don't think mine is even the same as this reference picture. You don't need the super strength hold stuff, the kind I have is a small Halloween makeup bottle you find at dollar stores and such. As with anything, do a skin test to make sure this won't harm you first. You aren't supposed to use Spirit Gum around your eyes, I advise against it, thank you lawyer cat, but it's what I do for me with a careful hand. If you are going to do this, be VERY careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment